The New Year starts on Tuesday. Are you prepared to hit the ground running?
This is an important time of the year, as preparations are underway to get off to a fast start come Tuesday. Are you doing all you can to be ready for 2019?
When I ran track in school, I had a checklist of items to complete before the gun went off. I made sure to stretch, properly hydrate, and most importantly, mentally prepare how to run the race. The key was to get off to a fast start and finish with a strong kick. Compare this mindset to your 2019 objectives: are you physically and mentally prepared for 2019?
Think of the New Year as the start of a race - a race to achieve your goals. Before the ball drops and 2019 arrives, prepare your checklist or you'll likely get left behind. Here are some ideas:Prepare and train:
- This could mean focusing on your areas of improvement that you identified last year. For example, did you complete all of your required product training?
- Have you planned out how you will run your race this year? Put the necessary training time in to set yourself up for the win.
- Write down your objectives for this new year.
- Establish your marketing strategy so you have a plan on how to achieve these goals.
- Before taking your mark at the start line, look around! Who are you facing off against and where do you stand in comparison?
- If others are carrying out the same initiatives as you, maybe it’s time for a new strategy.
Recognize your strengths and weaknesses:
- Be aware of what you need to improve on as well as what you're already great at. Do you start the race in the lead then slowly fall behind, or do you gain speed later on?
- Figure out what you can do to stay steady throughout the whole year.
On your mark … get set … go! Happy New Year!