DMI | Finance, Social Media, business development
The importance of a strong call to action (CTA) is more than just a few words thrown together on a social media post or an email, it’s about connecting your reader with the next step of action. This guide will help you create a compelling CTA to convert leads into customers.
Why You Need a Call To Action
A CTA acts as a signpost to encourage your readers to take a specific action. A strong CTA works as a funnel to remove friction for potential customers, and without it, it’s likely that these potential clients won’t know the next steps to take to engage with your products or services.
For example, if a reader finds a blog without a clear CTA at the bottom, they’ll likely move on and never return. However, if there’s a CTA asking them to sign-up for an email newsletter or read more articles, it’ll encourage them to continue interacting with your business.
Creating Captivating CTAs
There are a number of different factors that contribute to creating a riveting call to action that rouses your audience to take the next step.
- Design: Choose a bright button color with a font that’s large enough to stand out from the rest of your content.
- Length: Keep your CTA short and sweet!
- Actionable: Choose wording that actually compels a reader to follow through, such as “discover,” “find out more,” or “get started now.”
- Clear Benefit: The benefit a reader gets from completing an action must be clear and desirable.
- Create Urgency: A limited time offer can help focus readers to follow through on the action immediately instead of putting it off.
Placement of CTAs
Placing a compelling CTA at the right spot in your content can determine how successful it will be. To put it simply, a CTA should be placed where it makes sense for the user. The text of a call to action should explain the benefit to the reader and it’s placement should reinforce when a reader would naturally be more willing to follow through on the action.
For example, placing a CTA at the top of a blog post before you’ve explained the purpose of that CTA and why people should care would be highly ineffective. Instead, place your well-crafted CTA at the end of your blog for it to be most successful.
A captivating call to action used in your content and marketing materials will help you convert leads into customers. For more information on how DMI can help you grow your business or for more helpful tips, contact us today by calling (866) 322-3684 or visiting us online.