It’s likely your business goals were top of mind when you started your company and began building your database. Through all the excitement and enthusiasm, were you also plotting your marketing strategy?
A vital aspect of your business, your marketing strategy works as an overall game plan for attracting and maintaining customers with effective communication.
Get a jump start on your marketing strategy with these four easy steps:
Examine your business goals
Determine your business goals and make them S.M.A.R.T.: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound.
- Specific: Lay out what you want to accomplish, why it's important, and what resources are involved.
- Measurable: Set outlines to determine how you'll know when your goal is accomplished.
- Attainable: How realistic is this goal? How will you accomplish it? What are some factors to consider?
- Relevant: Consider your business' current status when laying out your goal. Evaluate if it matches your other efforts and if it's the right time to pursue the goal.
- Time-bound: Name a deadline for your goal and what you can do to get closer to achieving this goal.
Select the appropriate channels
With so many options, it’s easy to get overwhelmed or take on too much too quickly.
- Email marketing
- Website & blogging
- Compliant social media
Coordination is key
Match your marketing efforts with your event dates. Doing so will boost promotional efforts and event success.
- Seminars and workshops
- Company events
- Industry awareness months/seasonal opportunities
Analyze and adjust
Know what does and does not work for your business and create a better strategy! Refine marketing efforts using data collected and analytics.
KPIs to track:
- Cost per lead
- Monthly website traffic
- Email open rate
- Seminar attendance
Do you feel like your current marketing strategy (or lack thereof) is holding you back from reaching the next level of success with your business? Or maybe your focus is on your clients and you don’t have the time and resources to implement a strong marketing strategy. Do you want more information on the marketing services DMI can provide for you? An important part of our success is the success of the financial professions that work with us – click to request a marketing consultation and let’s get started today!