The holiday season is upon us! Things can get hectic with family dinners, present-wrapping, and errand-running, but we have some ways for you to not only make an impact with your community, but also maintain your client relationships. Establishing yourself as an active member in your community allows you to connect with new people and strengthen your existing relationships.
Here are 3 things you can do to connect with your clients and community during the holiday season:
- Take part in community service. Being an active member of your community allows you the opportunity to help others and meet new people. A few ways to get involved in community service are:
- Volunteer at your local soup kitchen
- Host or participate in a food/clothes drive
- Deliver gifts to patients at your local hospital
Take a look at your town website or newspaper for upcoming events you can join. Reach out to your clients and invite them to join you. Interested in making volunteering a part of your corporate culture/identity? Click here to see 3 easy ways to launch a corporate community service program.
- Promote Small Business Saturday. Supporting other smaller companies near you is key in developing a presence in your neighborhood. Advertising and attending the promotional events businesses are hosting for Small Business Saturday is a great way to show your support. This is also a great networking arena. Click here to see how you can build your COIs and partner with other local business owners.
- Send season’s greetings to your clients. Show your clients they’re important to you with a personal message or phone call wishing them well. Share your holiday hours and office closings with them so they don’t have to wonder about your availability. It’s all about building and strengthening relationships with your clients, so what better way to do that than reaching out and showing them your appreciation? Want to go above and beyond a thoughtful message? Host a holiday appreciation event.
Staying active in your community and your client network during the holidays goes a long way. Although this time of year we can all get caught up in the lively chaos and year-end activities, it’s a good time to check in with the people and places that make your business successful.
Is the countdown to the New Year causing you angst? Download our SMART Goals guide to help you make a strong finish to 2018.